Saturday, July 16, 2011

Catch Me If You Can

Photobucket
(2002)
A true story about Frank Abagnale Jr. who, before his 19th birthday, successfully conned millions of dollars worth of checks as a Pan Am pilot, doctor, and legal prosecutor.




Leonardo DiCaprio and Tom Hanks star in this movie about a teenager that commits mass amounts of bank fraud after his parents get divorced. While on the road he figures out how to successfully con banks to fund his escapade; such as posing as a pilot, doctor and a lawyer. Leonardo DiCaprio and Tom Hanks do very good job at portraying the story as they run through various locales including Miami, Paris, and New York just to name a few without going into too many spoilers. In the movie there are couple cameos from Jennifer Garner, Ellen Pompeo and Elizabeth Banks. All in all I would label this movie as a good one to have as background noise for some hardcore gaming sessions or a different movie to watch with a girlfriend. Girls love Leo for some reason. Indeed it is nearly a decade old but a good story is still a good story. 

4 comments:

  1. Lol at background noise for hardcore gaming sessions :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this movie :)
    Great review! I told you about my blog, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @forange I dunno if I'm weird or not for having something on in the background while I play games lol it is just something I picked up from long hours of grinding in World of Warcraft haha.

    @jsulpice Thanks! You did mention your blog and I am following you! Hope you like blogging as much as I do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just realized this was posted. By far one of my favorite movies EVER. It's funny how great movies like these go un-noticed by the mass majorities of people. this is a great Steven Spielberg movie with a great cast as well!

    ReplyDelete